Please note that to comply with Covid-safe racing requirements we have made a few changes. A summary may be viewed by clicking here. Please familiarise yourself with these changes, they affect almost everything we are doing. There are 2 changes you need to be aware of to even get you on the start line!-> Event entry will now be in advance via British Cycling’s online entry system. The Forthcoming Events section has links to the online entry for each event -> Before entering you will need to become a member of Mallory Park Road Race League 2021. It costs £10 and you can do it via the British Cycling website by clicking here
Forthcoming Events[next_events offset=”15″ category=”Youth” ]
- Mallory Guide – Covid-19 changesMay 6, 2021Welcome to Mallory Park Road Race League – whether you’re a returning rider or racing ...
- New College Start TimesMay 8, 2019Because of a follow on booking on the New College Circuit we will need to ...
- Minutes of AGMMarch 20, 2019Minutes from the AGM held to conclude the 2018 season and set direction for the ...
- AGMJanuary 30, 2019The Mallory Park RR League Annual General Meeting is to be held at 7.30pm on ...
A summary may be viewed by clicking here
The 2021 programme of events, which contains details of all start times and the different events, can downloaded by clicking here. Note that occasionally we may need to change the circuit. Joining our Facebook Group, signing up for our Twitter feed or joining our Mailing List is a great way of keeping up to date
Youth events at Mallory Park Road Race League are run on Tuesday evenings from mid-April to mid-August. There are races for 5 age groups each evening, U8, U10, U12, U14 and U16. Additionally results are given separately for boys and girls
Riders score points in each race as follows
- Scratch Race, our basic race with 8,6,4,3,2 and 1 points for the first 6 riders at the finish
- Time Trial – For U10/12 and U14/16, a chance to have a go at a longer time trial in a safe environment. U10/12 riders will be on the lower (flat) circuit, whilst U14/16 riders will be on the full circuit featuring the climb up to Gerrards. Same points tariff as Scratch Race. Ideal preparation for the Assen Youth Tour.
- Double League points for 3 events
Note that BC points are only available for U14 and U16 riders, in line with BC policy
All events, with the exception of the last event, are run under British Cycling rules and may be seen on the BC website by clicking on the link in the sidebar.
Note that new for this year, to help us make events Covid-secure, we have moved to online entry using BC’s online entry system
Riders gain points in their age category (boy and girl) as follows
- Top 6 riders in each event score 8, 6, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points (half points for stage race stages)
- For 3 selected events the top 6 riders get double points
The best 10 race results from the 13 league events are added up to determine the age category winner. Prizes are awarded to the top 3 riders in each category
Each rider starting an event scores 0.5 points for their team. Additionally, a riders individual points (including Double Points) are included. The teams total points score is added up over the course of the season to determine the Team winner. All league events countPrizes are awarded for the top 3 teams
League MembershipBefore entering events you will need to become a member of Mallory Park Road Race League 2021. It costs £10 and you can do it via the British Cycling website by clicking here
Youth Age Categories
|Age Group||Entry Fee|
We are also only doing online entry this year and you need to be a member of British Cycling in order to use their online entry system. However, to encourage new participants, if you are not a BC member but would like to take advantage of a day license to ride, then please contact the organiser up to 3 days before the event (see Contact Us) to arrange an entry
The Technical Regulations
|Youth A (U16)||6.93m|
|Youth B (U14)||6.45m|
|Youth C (U12)||6.05m|
|Youth D (U10)||5.4m|
|Youth E (U8)||5.1m|
A full guide to gear restrictions is available by clicking here
What does it mean?
What do I need to do?